Monday, October 24, 2005

new kernel, problems with WPA

As the kernel development is not stopping no matter what (good!), it came the right time to switch to the new 2.6.13.4 (didn't have balls to get for snapshot of 2.6.14 yet). All went ok, fglrx X11 driver didn't even need to be recompiled; I've managed to get the newest versions of ipw2100 driver (together with ieee80211 module, needed for its compilation). The whole reason was the new network setup at work. I still can't make it work, it's wireless, protected by WPA and with ipw2100 all that I had tried didn't work - I'm using wpasupplicant to get the encryption working and each time I'm getting some driver-related problems (like being unable to call ioctl's etc).

This is somewhat frustrating! :-)

Since today I've got also different network card, PCMCIA Cisco Aironet AIR-CB21AG-E-K9 (madwifi supported under Linux). I've spent most of today trying to get it work with my laptop, mainly with hotplug subsystem. It did not work too well :-(.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home